Single Grade Ashless Dispersant Oils
AeroShell Oil W120 is an ashless dispersant oil specifically developed for aviation piston engines. W120 combines non-metallic additives with selected high viscosity index base oil to give exceptional stability, dispersancy and anti-foaming performance. No general rule exists for every engine type when choosing the correct grade of oil, however, based on the average ambient outside temperature at engine start-up the most common grades are SAE 40, SAE 50 and SAE 60, which equates to AeroShell Oil W80, W100 and W120 respectively.
Traditionally, the choice is associated with climatic zones – AeroShell W80 for cold climate regions (-17 – 21°C), AeroShell Oil W100 for temperate regions (15 – 30°C) and AeroShell Oil W120 for warmer climates (above 26°C).
Aeroshell Oil Product Benefits:
- Promotes Engine Cleanness. The non-ash forming, polymeric additive was developed to help eliminate the harmful combustion chamber deposits that occur during normal operation.
- High Viscosity Index Base Oils used in AeroShell W oils maintain their viscosity and help protect engine components more effectively under the high shear stresses that an engine places on lubricants.
- Provides Compatibility with other approved aircraft piston engine oils. Since AeroShell Oils W80, W100 and W120 are fully approved to SAE J-1899 and are listed on the relevant Qualified Products
- from similarly approved aircraft engine oils, as long as these oils are qualified products.
- AeroShell W Oils are inherently stable in storage. Providing that they have been stored and handled correctly, prolonged storage does not have any effect on their quality, properties or performance.